Saturday, April 30, 2011

BOOK RELEASE THANK YOU


I have always known that I am surrounded by a supportive community of family, friends and colleagues, but I have never had all of them in the same room at the same time. I have to admit, it was a little surreal. Part of it was delivering so many personal poems directly to those for whom they were written. Part of it was performing directly from the book for the first time. Part of it was simply that I'd never felt a more sincere love from the stage.

It was hard not to be overwhelmed. I hope I received your warmth and affection the same way I receive the hard knocks that come part and parcel with being a writer-- gracefully.

For those who missed it, I'll be featuring again at the next Oversocial Mofo Revue on May 13 at Anno Domini Details on the facebook event page.

Thanks to everyone who came and to everyone who has worked to keep poetry alive in the south bay. This is only the beginning. . .

With Love,
David

1 comment: